Midland Bull Test Bull Eligibility
- Accepted Breeds – Registered Angus, Red Angus, Salers,
Simmental, South Devon, or Hereford bulls may be entered.
- Birth Dates – Bulls must be born between December 15,
2017 and April 15, 2018! Fall bulls (all breeds but Angus) born
between August 1, 2017 and December 14, 2017.
- The Final Sort! Only the Top 70%-80% Sell – The
top 70%-80% will sell on performance, determined on MBT
Average Daily Gain Ratio and MBT 365 Day Ratio in their
- Genetic Defect Carriers – Genetic Carriers (AM, NH,
CA, OS, M1, and DD) are ineligible. Genetic carriers (OH) are
eligible, no requirement for testing. Bulls must be tested BVDPI
negative to be eligible for sale. If bulls were tested prior to
arrival, please provide results.
- Breeding Soundness Exam (BSE) – All sale bulls must
successfully pass the MBT BSE. Minimum passing scrotal
circumference is 32 cm at 365 days of age. Adjusted scrotal
is used for sale qualification, actual is published.
- MBT Ineligible Bulls – MBT reserves the right to remove
any bull from the sale exhibiting soundness, structure, or
disposition problems. Please be diligent and discerning in
your selection with a thorough examination/assessment of
overall soundness, feet/legs, disposition, scrotum and poll/
scurrs (for Angus cattle.)
- MBT Sale Order – The sale order will be determined
by MBT Index (calculated as described on page 11). MBT
reserves the right to select or re-order the first 50 bulls.