Midland Bull Test Bull Eligibility
- Accepted Breeds – Registered Angus, Red Angus, Salers, Simmental, South Devon, Hereford, Charolais, and Gelbvieh bulls are the most popular entries, but we love to test any breed.
- Birth Dates
- Registered Angus: ALL bulls must be born between December 1 and April 1.
- All other breeds must be born between August 1 and December 14 for Fall bull entries (NO Fall Angus) and December15 through April 15 for Spring bull entries.
- The Final Sort! Only the Top 70% – 80% of all entries will make it to the sale, based on performance determined largely by Average Daily Gain Ratio and MBT 365 Day Ratio in their respective classes.
- Genetic Defect Carriers – Genetic Carriers (AM, NH, CA, OS, M1, and DD) are ineligible. Genetic carriers (OH) are eligible, no requirement for testing. Bulls must be tested BVDPI negative to be eligible for sale. We encourage testing prior to arrival. If bulls were tested prior to arrival, please provide results.
- Breeding Soundness Exam (BSE) – All sale bulls must successfully pass the MBT BSE. Minimum passing scrotal circumference is 32 cm at 365 days of age. Adjusted scrotal is used for sale qualification, actual is published.
- MBT Ineligible Bulls – MBT reserves the right to remove any bull from the sale exhibiting soundness, structure, or disposition problems. Please be diligent and discerning in your selection with a thorough examination/assessment of overall soundness, feet/legs, disposition, scrotum and poll/scurs (for Angus cattle.)
- MBT Sale Order – The sale order will be determined by MBT Index using combined MBT ADG, Nursing Ratio, Yearling Ratio, and Efficiency Ratio. (1/4 ADG + 1/4 NR + 1/4 Yearling Ratio + 1/4 ER).
reserves the right to select or re-order the first 50 bulls.